Alsandes or string beans / green beans is a vegetable loved by all. We usually prepare simple stir fries or upkaries from it.Sukke is a coconut masala based thick curry usually enjoyed as a side dish with rice. Here is the recipe.
- Alsande / chevli – cut into 1′ pieces – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 medium sized ( cut lengthwise )
- Onion – 1 medium sized (sliced lengthwise )
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 3/4 tbsp (little less than the coriander seeds)
- Red chillies – 10 to 12 or as per taste
- Coconut grated – 3/4 cup
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Salt to taste
- Roast coriander , urad dal and red chillies in a little oil.
- Grind the roasted ingredients along with coconut and tamarind adding little water to a coarse paste. Keep this aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and season with mustard.
- Add onion and saute till transparent.
- Add alsandes and potatoes.
- Saute adding salt and some water
- Cover and cook till almost done.
- Now add the coconut masala ..
- Mix well and keep on low flame till the masala is well cooked and the water is all absorbed.
- Its ready and enjoy with dalitoy and pappad ….!!!