Are you looking for a very simple side dish that could go along with dosas / idlies / undies or even steaming pej ?? Then here it is ..a very simple ,aromatic traditional gojju made from onion…
- Onion chopped very finely – 2 medium sized
- Roasted red chillies – 3 to 5
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry sized
- Coconut oil – 1 or 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in some water for some time. Later extract juice from it
- Soak the roasted red chillies in this pulp for a few more minutes.
- Now crush the red chillies to as fine paste as possible ( either with your hand or with a mortar & pestle)
- Add chopped onion and salt. Again crush the onion too well.
- Drizzle the coconut oil on top..
- Serve as a breakfast dip .
One reply to “Piyava Gojju”
Very simple easy but excellent recipe..Made me nostalgic actually. My amma used to prepare it in school days and used to cal it udka saaru. Never prepared it later. It's almost a forgotten dish at home. Loved it very much..❤️ Adding coconut oil on top brings out d exact flavor and it's yummy.. Thank you Akka for the recipe..