Are you looking for a very simple side dish that could go along with dosas / idlies / undies or even steaming pej ?? Then here it is ..a very simple ,aromatic traditional gojju made from onion…
- Onion chopped very finely – 2 medium sized
- Roasted red chillies – 3 to 5
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry sized
- Coconut oil – 1 or 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in some water for some time. Later extract juice from it
- Soak the roasted red chillies in this pulp for a few more minutes.
- Now crush the red chillies to as fine paste as possible ( either with your hand or with a mortar & pestle)
- Add chopped onion and salt. Again crush the onion too well.
- Drizzle the coconut oil on top..
- Serve as a breakfast dip .