This is a very lip smacking simple dish. It is very easy to prepare and can be served as an evening snack or a side dish for breakfast.
- Nendrabale kele / Kerala Banana – 3 ripe ones
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Hing powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Salt to taste
- Peel the skin of the Bananas.
- Chop the bananas into ½ inch thick pieces as shown in the picture below.
- In a heated pan add oil, Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal, Green Chilli, Hing powder and curry leaves. (follow usual seasoning method).
- Add Coconut gratings and salt. Mix well.
- Now add banana pieces and sprinkle little water. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid in low flame for few minutes.
- Open the lid mix well and see that the banana pieces are cooked.
- Hot hot “Pikkale Nendra Bale Kelya Usli” is ready to serve.
4 replies to “Pikkale Nendra Bale Kelya Usli”
I have tried this and simply loved the taste…it was fab !
Thanks for trying 🙂
Very tasty usli ..we liked this very much
Thank you Sujatha