G.S.B and the dish gojju is always inter linked. G.S.B without gojju cannot be imagined. They know that a small variation in the ingredient used can have a great difference in the final taste. All our gojjus are very simple but taste heavenly. This recipe of Batato Piyava gojju is one among several lip smacking gojjus and is one of my favorite gojjus since childhood. This one is amchi kodial gojju.
- Potato – 1 big
- Onion – 1 medium
- Green Chillies – 2 medium
- Tamarind – a big chick pea size.
- Salt to taste (powdered)
- Coconut oil- ½ tsp.
- Wash and cook potato. Peel the skin and mash it, keep aside
- Finely chop, onion and green chillies, keep aside.
- In a bowl take ½ cup of water add tamarind and squeeze it so to get tamarind juice.
- Add salt powder and mix well
- Now add finely chopped green chillies and manually crush it in the tamarind juice. Mix well
- Add mashed potato and finely chopped onion in it. Mix well
- Pour raw fresh coconut oil over it. Mix well. Keep it aside for ½ an hour.
Batato Piyava Gojju is ready to serve with hot rice as a side dish.