Here is another lip smacking ambat recipe with maggae & kajubee !
- Toor dal – 1/2 cup
- Maggae – 1 small
- Cashew nuts – 1/2 cup
- Coconut rated – 3/4 cup
- Red chillies ( roasted in a little oil ) – 10
- Tamarind – 1 gooseberry sized
- Turmeric powder – 1 /4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 – for seasoning
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight.
- Cut the maggae into big cubes after removing the seeds,you need not peel also.
- First pressure cook the cashew nuts adding only enough water,then add cut veggie and salt.
- Cook again for only until one whistle. Take care not to overcook it. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal, adding just enough water and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Grind the grated coconut, red chillies, tamarind to a very smooth paste.
- Mix all three in a vessel and bring to a boil.Check for salt.
- Chop the onion finely and fry till golden brown,
- Temper the boiled ambat with d fried onions .Mix well and keep it covered till use .
2 replies to “Maggae anik Kajubeye Daali Ambat”
Very tasty ambat have to try
one more lovely ambat recipe in my list now..thanks for the recipe