Chinese potatoes / kooka / soppur kook is an essential part of amchi cooking . there are so many recipes of it in this blog ..here is another one – easy to make & yum to eat !
- 1/2 kilo small kooka (chinese potatoes)
- 5 bimbuls or tamarind juice – 3 tbsps
- 3 tbsps coconut oil or any other oil
- 5 tbsps red chilly powder.
- 1 tbsp mustard.
- 1/2 tsp hing.
- Salt to taste
- Remove the skin of Kooka . You may put them in a plastic bag & rub on a hard surface just like washing clothes . most of the skin is removed this way . Now remove rest of the skin adding them to water while you are peeling d remaining.
- Pressure cook them adding a little salt .
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, when it splutters , add hing and red chilly powder.Saute for a while,
- Add the chopped bimbuls or tamarind juice, add the cooked kook,mix well and boil for 5 minutes adding a little water, till it thickens a bit.Check for salt.
Your phanna upkari is ready to be relished .