- Potato – 4 medium sized
- Green chillies – 3 chopped very finely.
- Wheat flour – as required
- mustard ,curry leaves ,hing for seasoning.
- Pressure cook the potatoes till soft.
- Mash it well without any lumps.
- Put chopped green chillies ,salt and mix well.
- Make a seasoning of mustard,curry leaves and hing and pour it in the mix.
- Now this is the stuffing.
- Knead a soft dough from the wheat flour.
- Proceed as in the normal process of stuffed parathas.
- Roast it on the tawa using ghee or oil.
- The traditional batata roti is ready .
1. The stuffing is same as the batata ambada and hence the excess stuffing, if any , can be converted into tasty amabados.
2. You can also add finely chopped coriander leaves to the stuffing.
3. You can replace the potatoes with sweet potato and prepare the kananga rotti in the same procedure.
4. Basically its done with maida and on a health conscious note I have replaced it with wheat flour.So you can also prepare it from maida too.