Amchis can cook so many varieties of dishes with Jack fruit ..So when elsewhere you see only ripe Jack fruits being eaten .. in an amchi home not a single jack fruit is wasted ..raw or ripe a plethora of dishes await in amchi cuisine . here is yet another tongue tickling side dish – Kadgi Phodi ( Raw Jack fruit fry)
- Jack Fruit – sliced thickly
- Rava – 1 tbsp or more as per jack fruit quantity
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Peel and cut raw jackfruit into slices , a bit thicker.
- Keep them in a bowl , sprinkle salt, mix well.
- In a cooker pan,add water, keeping the bowl uncovered, pressure cook for 5 minutes or until you get 3 whistles.
- Remove from cooker, check for salt.
- Take the rawa in a bowl , add chilly powder, hing powder,and salt if needed, mix well.
- Now, dip the cooked jackfruit slices in the rawa on both sides so that they are well covered with the rava .
- Heat a tawa, fry well on both sides using a little oil .