Soon jackfruits will be in season ! apart from all the recipes you have tried – here is one many of you may not have known – Kadgi Chutney / Raw jackfruit chutney. lets see the recipe !
- 1 cup of peeled ,cleaned and cubed raw jackfruit.
- 6 green chillies.
- 1/2 gooseberry size tamarind
- 1tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsps of grated coconut
- 1 big pinch of asafoetida.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Cook the cubed pieces of raw jackfruit in a pressure cooker adding salt and enough water. Cook till soft. Remove from cooker, drain the water completely, let it cool.
- Using a stone and pestle , crush coconut gratings, green chillies, hing, coriander leaves and tamarind.
- Now add jackfruit cubes crush again.
- Remove and check salt. add if necessary.
- Pour coconut oil, mix well.
- You an do this in a mixer, but without water. First grind all the ingredients except jackfruit and lastly add the veggie , just grind for some seconds.