This is usually made with maida but you can make it with wheat atta too which is more wholesome ! Combined with this kothambari chutney , it will make for a great meal & filling too !
for the Polo :-
- Wheat flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Rice powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For tempering :- Oil , Mustard seeds , Jeera , Chopped green chillies & curry leaves .
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter the mustard seeds . Add jeera , chopped green chillies & curry leaves .
- In a bowl add the flours & the tempering .Add salt to taste .
- Now add water and mix thoroughly to get a watery batter .
- Heat tawa and pour a ladle full of the batter on it .
- Spread thinly or thick as per your wish & let cook on medium flame only !
- Remove when well roasted !
- Serve with a chutney of your choice .
Here I served this with Kothambari Chutney – a favourite of mine . This just tasted heavenly when made by my amma – a hot & tangy one with the subtle flavour of Coriander . Lets see the recipe for this !
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies – 3-4 or as per taste
- Coriander seeds / kothambari – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – a gooseberry sized
- Salt to taste
- Oil , mustard seeds & curry leaves for tempering !
- Grind all the ingredients together to a fine paste adding a little water
- Add water according to the consistency you desire – thick or flowing !
- Temper the oil with mustard seeds & curry leaves .
- Pour it over the chutney & keep covered till use .
Enjoy the hot polos with this chutney !
This amount will make about 6-8 dosas !