Taikilo is a monsoon leafy vegetable. Myself and my friend Sandhya Puranik had already shared all the details about this veggie and recipe of Taikila Muddo and Taikila Dangar/Ambado ,in this blog. Today I am sharing the recipe of Upkari/Stir fry. This is a side dish had with rice. This recipe includes jack fruit seeds too.
- Taikila leaves – 1 to 2 bunches (cleaned, chopped and washed)
- Bikkand/Jack seeds – 5 to 8 nos. (removed white skin and then chopped)
- Red chillies – 2 nos
- Coconut gratings – 2 tbsp
- Jaggery – small piece
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a kadai heat oil and splutter mustard and add red chillies in it.
- Add the chopped leaves, bikkand and water.
- Close lid and cook till the jack fruit seeds are well cooked and turns soft.
- Now add the grated coconut, salt and a small piece of jaggery mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes till done.
- Upkari is ready to serve.
You can find taikila leaves growing in abundance on road sides in the monsoon season