Batate gojju is a simple ,quick and easy recipe which can be made in a jiffy if we have boiled potatoes handy .This would be made by my amma for dinner time when she would be tired or short of vegetables and we used to love this . Now I make this when I have excess boiled potatoes from other dishes but there are times when my daughter has demanded this and I have boiled potatoes just to prepare this.Do try this easy yet delicious side dish made form humble veggie potato.
- 3 – 4 potatoes – boiled ,peeled and mashed
- 2 – 3 green chillies
- Generous pinch of hing
- 3 – 4 tbsp of grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil as required
- Take the coconut, green chillies and hing in a wide bowl.
- Crush them adding salt with mortar-pestle or give a round in mixer .
- Add mashed potatoes to it and mix well, check for salt and add if required.
- Add water to make a semi liquid but thick consistency.
- Drizzle coconut oil on top.
The simple but yummy batate gojju is ready to be relished with meals as side dish.
- Use green chillies as per your spice level.
- The dish is neither heated nor boiled.
- Tastes best when prepared and consumed immediately, though leftover can be refrigerated.