” Bhajji ” or red spinach is one of the very nutritious leafy vegetables. . Amchi cuisine has various recipes on the red amaranth and bhajji bendi is one such curry usually served with rice . This is a coconut masala based curry with mild spiciness and the aroma of garlic tadka can attract those non lovers of spinach too to relish it.
- Bhajji or red spinach chopped roughly – 4-5 cups
- Red Chillies – 6 to 10 ( or according to your spice level)
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Garlic cloves – 6 to 8 ( for seasoning)
- Cook the chopped spinach adding sufficient water and salt.
- Grind coconut , red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the cooked spinach .
- The consistency should be of medium thickness and so adjust the water accordingly.
- Boil well and then turn off .
- Now in a separate small pan ,heat 2 tsp of oil and fry the garlic cloves till reddish brown.
- Pour the tadka over the curry and Cover immediately to seal the flavours .
Serve hot with rice !