Jeev kadgi is also known by the name Breadfruit.It is almost similar to Jackfruit but differs in taste.Me and my blogger friends have already shared many recipes in this blog.Today am sharing one more dish using this veggie.Do try this one too.
- Small jeevkadgi/breadfruit
- 1 cup of coconut
- 4-5 roasted red chillies
- Marble sized tamarind
- Tbsp of coriander seeds (use as such,No roasting)
- 4-5 tbsp of oil (adjust more or less)
- 2 onions chopped
- Salt to taste
Chop the breadfruit peeling the skin in to small cubes
- Heat oil and add the chopped onions,when they are slightly pink add the breadfruit cubes,sprinkle some water and let it cook on low flame with lid closed.
- Grind coconut ,red chillies ,tamarind to a smooth paste using little water..add the unroasted coriander seeds and grind further to a smooth but dry paste adding as little water as possible.
- When the breadfruit pieces are almost cooked add the ground paste
Mix gently adding salt taking care to see that the breadfruit pieces remain intact and do not loose their shape or get mashed up.
Simmer on low flame for 8-10 minutes so that the the breadfruit absorbs the flavour and the consistency gets dry.
Serve as a side dish with lunch or dinner
- The curry should be dry without any gravy so add water carefully while grinding
- We prefer this a bit spicy.
- Take care to see that the breadfruit pieces are not over cooked.
- Coriander seeds should be added RAW.