This is a simple but tasty dish using baby potatoes which will appeal to kids & elders too ! ..here is the way to make it !
- Baby potatoes – 15 nos
- Tamarind pulp – 1/4 cup,
- Red chilly powder – 10 tsps ( more for a spicier version )
- Garlic cloves – 10 OR mustard – 1 tsp and hing 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil ( preferably )- 3 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the baby potatoes for 1 to 2 whistles. They should NOT be overcooked. Remove and peel them when cooled , keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsps of oil in a kadai, add crushed garlic cloves .
- Fry till golden brown. Add chilly powder, fry till the raw smell has gone .
- Add the peeled baby potatoes, mix well.
- Add tamarind juice and salt.
- Boil for 5 minutes till it has thickened a bit.
- If you don’t want garlic, you can use mustard and hing instead.