- Kappa / Badi kanang – 1/2 kg
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – as per your spice level
- Oil for deep frying
- Remove the brown outer skin and the pinkish inner skin of the Tapioca
- Cut into medium sized roundels . Add them in boiling water with a little salt or pressure cook for one whistle .
- They should be half-cooked . Do not over cook them . they should only be soft enough to be able to be sliced neatly .
5. If you have got a lot of tapioca , you may cook & slice this way and then dry them in the sun for 3-4 days until they are completely dry . Then store them in air tight containers to be used when needed .
6. If you are having a small quantity – you may proceed directly to deep frying them .
.7. Drop these slices in hot oil and fry till the bubbles have subsided and the chips have turned golden brown slightly . Remove in to a colander and let the oil drain .
8. Now mix salt and chilli powders and drizzle over the still hot chips and mix well by tossing them, so that they are well coated .
Now transfer to air tight container when cooled,
- Remember that you had already added a little salt while cooking, so keep in mind when adding salt later .
- The sun dried ones keep for a long time when stored carefully . So is a great help when you need a quick snack or when you are short of side dishes .