This is a very old traditional GSB recipe.This is a nearly forgotten amchi dish ! Lets see the recipe for this simple , seasonal delicacy.
- Kadgi cut & cubed – about 15 medium sized pieces
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Roasted red chillies – 5-6 no.
- Tamarind – 1 Gooseberry sized piece
- Methi seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- 1 sprig of curry leaves,
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – about 3 tsps.
- Peel and clean the kadgi , cut into medium size cubes, add just enough water and salt and pressure cook. See that you don’t overcook it as the pieces should not be mushy. Let cool .
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a kadai , then add methi seeds and fry till golden.
- Grind coconut, red chillies, tamarind adding water to a smooth paste. Finally add the methi seeds and grind again.
- Add the masala to the now cooled kadgi cubes. Mix well, check for salt.
- Make a tempering of the remaining oil,mustard, curry leaves and turmeric powder and pour over the curry .
- This curry need not be boiled after adding the masolu ( coconut paste ).
- This is best eaten fresh.
- You may adjust the quantity of coconut as per your needs.