This is an old konkani traditional recipe . Despite its curious name this taste very yum! This recipe is by my dear FB friend Veena Nayak
- Whole Black Urad – 1 fistful
- Whole Moong – 1 fistful
- Horsegram / Kulithu ) – 1 fistful
- Boiled Rice – 1 cup
- Coconut grated – 1/4 cups
- Salt to taste
For Tempering :-
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Soak the rice separately overnight ! Soak the three dals together overnight too !
- Grind the dals together to a fine paste !Transfer the batter to a vessel.
- Next grind the rice along with the grated coconut to a coarse texture.
- Add salt & add to the daal batter . Mix the batter thoroughly ! It should be thick
- Make a tempering with the oil , mustard seeds & methi seeds ..Add it the batter & mix well .
- The batter is now ready ! the consistency should be like of idli batter ! Remember – fermentation is not needed for this
- Heat a kadai ( preferably an iron kadai) and add a little oil , Now mix well and pour a ladleful of the batter into it !
- Cook on medium flame on both sides ! This is best had with some home made butter !