This is a hardly done and almost forgotten dish !! Thanks to my dear FB friend Padmini Kamath for sharing this recipe ! So lets see how it’s done !
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies – 3-4
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Coconut Oil – 2 tsps
- Hing – 1/4 tsp of powder
- Salt to taste
- Grind together the grated coconut , green chillies , tamarind & salt to a smooth fine paste
- Transfer to a bowl and add water until you get a thin saaru consistency .
- Now add hing & the raw coconut oil !
- This is a No – Fire dish ie is needs no cooking and no heating involved !
Serve with rice !
You can make Avallo Gojju as a side dish with this saaru ! This is a good for digestion too Recipe for this is as follows :-
- Brined Avalos ( Gooseberries – 2 or 3 ( if using fresh raw ones – then use only 2 )
- Grated Coconut – 4 tsps
- Green Chilies – 2-3
- Garlic Flakes – 4-5
- Salt – just a pinch
- Thick curds – 1 tbsp ( optional )
- In a mixer add coconut gratings, chopped avalo,green chillies,garlic and grind
- Transfer to a bowl and check for salt if using salted avalos – if raw add salt.and mix well.
- Before serving add a tsp of thick curds (optional)