Godi nanchane bhakri with home made butter is one of very old traditional recipes ! This recipe is courtesy my dear FB friend Veena Nayak ! She learnt it from her grandmas ! So here is the recipe !
- 1 glass – ragi powder
- 1/2 coconut gratings
- 5 dates
- 1 banana
- A pinch of salt
- Jaggery – 3/4 glass
- Plantain/Banana leaves – as needed (cleaned & cut into small sizes )
- Grind coconut gratings , dates , banana in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Add jaggery, salt & elaichi and grind again without adding water.
- Mix in the ragi powder and keep this aside for half an hour.
- The consistency of the batter should be such that it can be spread with the fingers onto the plantain leaf ;
- Heat a pedavan/ steamer .Spread out the batter by flattening with the fingers on to a plantain leaf
- Close it with another leaf. Proceed this way with the rest of the batter .
- Stack them neatly in the steamer and steam for about 20 minutes.
- Once done , heat a tawa and roast the bhakris on both sides first with the leaves.
- On roasting the leaves will separate . Now remove the leaves and again roast them on a low flame.
- While roasting You do not need to add ghee or oil.
Yummy sweet nanchane bhakris are ready to eat. Enjoy them with fresh homemade butter They actually tastes more better the next day.