Ghashi is a common curry in our cuisine and is a must on most of the religious occasions ,festivals and functions.There are already many combos of ghashis in this blog shared by my friends.Today I am going to show you all one more combo of ghashi with raw Jack fruit and white toor/tuvar.Do try this delicious ghashi.
- 1/2 kg of raw jack fruit..peeled and cut
- 1/2 cup of white tori/whole pigeon pea soaked overnight
- 1 cup of coconut
- A marble size tamarind
- 4-5 roasted red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required for seasoning
- A tsp of mustard seeds
- A sprig of curry leaves
Pressure cook the tori and jackfruit pieces for 2-3 whistles.
Meanwhile grind coconut,tamarind and red chillies into a smooth paste.
Add the ground paste to the boiled pulse and veggie .
Add water as required,salt to taste and mix well.
Boil it for few minutes and simmer on low flame and switch off.
Season it with mustard and curry leaves.
Serve this delicious curry as side dish.
- The same curry can be done with combo of toor and suran/surnu or elephant yam.
- Ghashi is usually not spicy.
- Some also use black toor for making this ghashi.