“Galgali ” – sounds amusing right ? It just means very mild and subtle . Galgali upkari is a sort of watery dish made with a mixture of veggies usually ash gourd, pumpkin and potato. The hing flavour brings a lovely taste to it and is an excellent side dish with rice.
- Ash gourd cut in small squares – 1 cup
- Potato cut in small squares – 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin cut in small squares – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 2 to 3
- Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard and red chillies.
- Add slit green chillies and saute for a while.
- Now add the veggies and saute for few seconds more .
- Add 1 cup of water (or as reqd ) to the veggies.
- Cover and cook till the veggies are soft and blended well.
- Do not let all the water be absorbed ..
- The consistency should be bit watery .
- Now add hing and let it boil for a few seconds
- Turn off and its ready .