There are many varieties of paanpolo – some of which have been catalogued here in this blog ! Here is yet another one made with maggae / coloured cucumber ! Let’s look at the recipe .
- 2 cups white rice (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup peeled, deseeded, chopped Maggae,
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Oil to grease the tawa
- Grind chopped maggae, coconut gratings in a mixer. Add soaked rice grind again to a smooth paste .
- Transfer to a bowl, add salt to taste . Add water till you get the consistency of neer dosa.
- Grease the tawa, take a ladle (doulo) full of the batter , drop it on the tawa – neer dosa style.
- Cover with a lid. When cooked, fold it and serve hot with any chutney.
- Same type of dosa can be done with using cucumber also, as many people don’t get Maggae always.