This is one of our traditional breakfasts which is almost forgotten !Thanks to my dear friend Jayanthi Kamath for providing the recipe & the pic ! this is a very simple & tasty & so quick to make . so lets see the recipe .
- Charmburo /puffed rice – 4 to 5 cups
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Whole red Chillli – 2 or as per spice level
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil for tempering
- Salt – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- In a thick bottomed Kadai heat about 2 tsps of oil , Splutter the mustard seeds
- Add the red chillies & curry leaves .Switch off flame when they turn crisp .
- Add the salt & turmeric powder and ix well
- Now add the charmburo . Switch on flame and stir continuously until the charmburo turns crisp . this will take up to 10 minutes .
- Switch off gas .
- Add the the coconut when it has cooled down ,
- Serve immediately !