Recently during a visit to my relatives house in my native place , I was welcomed with this drink which I loved and enjoyed as it was too hot.I was surprised to see some seeds which resembled sabja but when I enquired I was told that it was Kamakasturi seeds which needs to be soaked in water and used.I was also told how healthy they are and about its cooling effects on our body and system and that the seeds are used since long for curing body heat. Later when I googled for Kamakasturi – I found out that Kamakasturi is nothing but sabja seeds which is used extensively In North India .I was quite pleased that I could try this out when I returned back home .
With the rains playing Hide and Seek and the temperatures soaring high I decided to give it a try on a sunny mid afternoon to quench my thirst.Its very simple and we can have it anytime of the day.To know more about its benefits check this Link.
- Water as required.
- Kamakasturi seeds(Sabja seeds) a tsp each per glass soaked overnight or for 2 hours
- Jaggery or Sugar as required
- 2 lemons (adjust as per preference)
- A tsp of Cardamom powder
- Melt jaggery OR sugar in a little water and strain if necessary.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into it ,add cardamom powder and stir well.
- Check for sweetness and add sugar or jaggrey and stir again.
- Add the soaked seeds and give a nice stir.
- Chill the drink for a while if you prefer.
The delicious and healthy drink is ready to be served.