Here is one more traditional and almost forgotten dish with sweet potatoes /kanang ! Made with jaggery this is a very healthy one and good for young kids . This recipe courtesy is my dear FB friend –Sudha Kamath . So lets try out this quick and easy to make dish !
- Sweet potatoes – 250gms
- Jaggery – 150gms
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes in round shapes ,
- Add a glass of water to the sweet potatoes .
- Also add the jaggery and bring to a boil stirring in between so that the jaggery is fully melted .
- Boil till the syrup has slightly thickened .
- Prick the potatoes to see if they have cooked well.Then add the pepper powder and salt .
- Mix and switch off flame !
The sweet potatoes taste awesome in the jaggery syrup.