Magge or Mangalore cucumber is a favourite veg of amchies .We use them in different dishes . I would like to share a very simple version of magge upkari prepared by my bappamma (grand mother ) .A simple upkari (stir fry) which can be prepared in a jiffy .
- Magge (chopped very finely ) – 2 cups
- Red chillies – 4 to 6
- Garlic flakes – 6 to 8
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mustard & oil for seasoning
- Heat oil and splutter mustard and red chillies .
- Add the garlic flakes . Fry for a few seconds till the raw smell disappears. (No need to fry it till reddish)
- Now add the chopped magge along with salt.
- Cover and cook without adding water. The water will automatically ooze out from the magge.
- Add grated coconut in the end and turn off..
Serve with rice as a side dish