Raw mangoes are used in a variety of amchi dishes in which one of my favourit is ” godd humman ” . I simply love this a lot when my amma prepares it. A lovely blend of sweetness , tanginess and the spiciness in the tadka takes this dish altogether to a different level .
- Raw mango – 1 large
- Grated jaggery – almost 1/2 cup
- Rava /sooji – 1 tsp (optional)
- Mustard , urad dal and broken red chillies ( around 4 to 6 ) for the tempering
- Cut green mangoes in medium sized pieces ..
- Cook this in sufficient water adding grated jaggery and little salt .
- Let the mangoes turn soft
- Now sprinkle rava to the curry ..
- Rava is added only to bring thickness to the gravy . You can omit it completely if you don’t prefer it.
- Now prepare the tadka with mustard , urad dal and broken red chillies.
- Pour the tadka to the humman …and its ready to enjoy …..