Anything made from broken wheat becomes very tasty ..So a sweet dish from broken wheat is simply amazing..Today I am posting a very tasty and healthy sweet from broken wheat .
- Broken wheat – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – one and half cups
- Jaggery – almost 250 gm or as per taste .
- Cardamom – 4 to 6
- Soak broken wheat in water for 3 hours.
- Grind coconut , cardamom and jaggery to a smooth paste.
- Squeeze the broken wheat well to drain the water and add it to the coconut mix.
- Grind the whole mixture a bit coarsely .
- The consistency should be fairly thick .
- Now keep this batter covered for one hour.
- Later grease a steaming vessel with 1 tsp ghee and pour the batter in it .
- Now steam cook the batter for around 20- 25 mins.
Tasty sannan is ready to relish .
- If your jaggery contains impurities , add little water and melt it completely .
- Strain this melted jaggery to remove the impurities.
- Later you can mix this with the ground coconut and broken wheat mix.