There are many recipes of Jack fruit in this blog ! Here is another traditional one from me ! A very tasty & simple one ..so let us see the recipe !
- Peeled, cleaned , cubed , cooked raw jack fruit – 1 bowl.
5 bimbuls / Tree Sorrel or 1 tbsp tamarind paste.
3 tbsps red chilli powder.
10 cloves of peeled garlic.
2 tbsp s oil.
Salt to taste
- Chop the bimbuls.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the peeled garlic .
- When brown, add the chilli powder, saute till the raw smell goes .
- Add the chopped bimbuls, saute forsome more time .
- Now add the cooked raw jack fruit cubes, salt, mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes adding very little water.
- If you use tamarind juice instead of bimbul, no need of adding water.
- Check for doneness and serve with rice as side dish
- On upavas day you can use hing instead of garlic cloves.
- Tastes better if it is very spicy. You can change the amount of red chilli powder and tamarind or bimbuls as per taste .