For the GSBs living around Kochi Kerala – Anvasa Sassam ( Pineapple Raita ) is a special side dish mainly served for wedding , festival days and other auspicious occasions .When mangoes and grapes are added it becomes a really yum dish to be relished . So let us see the recipe for this simple easy to make side dish !
- Pineapple – cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces – 1 cup
- Mango – peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces – 1 cup
- Black grapes (preferably or any other variety )- 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut – 3/4 cup
- Green Chillies – 2
- Sugar -3 tbsps or more as per taste
- Curds (thick & sweet)- 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Jeera -1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil for tempering (preferably coconut oil )
- Grind the grated coconut & chillies to a smooth thick paste .
- In a bowl add all the fruits ,sugar & salt and mix well.
- Add the curds and coconut paste and mix well .
- Make a tempering with the oil , mustard , jeera & curry leaves .
- Add this to the fruits mix and keep covered for some time for the flavours to infuse .
Serve immediately or refrigerate until use .
- As the ingredients have not been cooked – make in quantities for use at one time only . Do not keep refrigerated for more than one day !
- You may make this with only pineapple too .
- You can make this banana too.
- You can also add Kajus and kishmish for a richer taste .