Patholi is a sweet dish prepared in turmeric leaves. When steaming these patholis in turmeric leaves the whole house has a divine aroma .
We already have various versions of patholi in this blog shared by my friends and I myself had shared an instant sweet version of patholi too.Today I am sharing with you all a savoury version made instantly with wheat flour,which I learnt from my friend Vijaya Rao
Turmeric Leaves – 10-15 nos
For the Batter :-
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- water enough to mix
- Salt a pinch
For stuffing :-
- Coconut – 1 cup grated
- Green chillies- 1 no chopped
- Curry Leaves- few chopped
- Ginger – chopped small piece
- Salt – as per taste
For seasoning :-
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- Oil – 1 tsp
Method :- preparation
- Wash wipe and trim the sides of the turmeric leaves and keep aside.
- For the stuffing: Mix all the ingredients together and crush with hands until everything gets together.
- For the seasoning:Heat oil in a seasoning pan add urad dal .When it changes colour, add mustard and splutter.Switch off and add hing.Pour this on the coconut mixture and mix well.
- Mix wheat flour with ghee,add salt and water.Mix it well without lumps ,The batter should be of a dosa batter – pouring consistency.(this can be replaced with ground rice batter or with maida too)
- Spread the cleaned leaves on a flat surface.Take a spoon full of the prepared wheat flour batter, spread it evenly on the leaves.
- Take little coconut mixture and keep on the middle of the spread wheat batter (as shown in the picture)
Fold the leaves from one side and keep aside.similarly spread the batter, Lay out the stuffing of coconut mixture on the rest of the leaves too as shown .
Heat a steamer with water.Place the perforated plate,arrange the folded leaves on the plate,close lid and steam cook for about 20-30 minutes.
Serve hot/warm removing the leaves.Can be eaten as such or serve with green and sweet chutney or coconut chutney.