Kele Talasani is a dry side dish prepared with raw green plantains.Here the plantains are cooked soft and firm in the garlic seasoning.Me and my friends have already shared talasani with various vegetables under the pages side dish 1 and 2 in this blog.
- Raw Banana – 2nos
- Garlic – 15 cloves
- Red chillies – 3 to 4 nos
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 1 to 2 tsp
Wash and peel the skin of the plantain
- Cut into 1″ inch thick circles and then halve .
- Keep this aside soaked in water (to avoid discoloration).
- Heat a kadai with oil,Crush the garlic cloves with the skin intact.
- Add this to the oil and fry until they slightly change the colour.
- Now cut the red chillies into pieces and fry along with the garlic.
- After 2 seconds add the chopped bananas,add salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/4 th cup water,close lid and cook until the bananas are cooked yet firm in shape.
- Switch off and serve during lunch or dinner.
Makes a good pair with rice and Daal or with Rice gruel.
- Select a fresh and firm raw banana (bangabale variety/Curry banana).
- Add the chopped banana in water as soon as it is chopped to avoid it from darkening.
- Donot add more water while cooking as the banana cooks fast and may turn mushy.
- Soft and crunchy texture gives a wonderful taste.
- Can substitute red chillies with chilly powder too.