Nendra bale – 2 or more nos as required
Method 1 …. Steaming in pedavan/Idli steamer
- First wash and trim the sides of the banana.
- Heat a steamer with enough water, Place the perforated plate and keep the whole unpeeled banana in it.
- Steam for about 20-25 minutes or till done.
- We can see the change in colour of the skin.
- Serve when slightly warm.
Method 2…. Steaming in Puttu vessel
- Heat the puttu pot or cooker with enough water.
- Drop the banana into the vessel and fix to the pot.
- Steam cook for 20-25 for 20-25 minutes or till done
Method 3….. cooking in open pan
- Wash and trim the sides of the banana.
- Then cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- In a wide vessel a 2-3 cups water, add salt and put the cut bananas into it.
- Switch on the gas and bring to boil.
- Cook until the skin loosens ,and colour of the peel changes ( Indicates bananas are cooked.)
Recipe for mooga dali usli and Phova chutney is already updated in breakfast and snack section.