We are a big fan of bhindies…and the spicy songh enhanced by the flavour of tomatoes and onions make it more yummy …We love it with simple dalitoy …It was my most favourite dish from bhindies during my childhood days ..My mom used to prepare this tasty and spicy side dish from bhindies ….It was very popular among my friends too while having lunch at school …The taste was enhanced by the lovely blend of tomatoes and onion …So here goes the recipe .and enjoy with rice and dal ..
- Bhindi – 1/4 kg
- Onion – 2 large
- Tomatoes- 3 medium sized
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp (if using kashmiri red chilli powder increase the quantity to 3-4 tsp ..this will give you the fiery red color yet remaining not so spicy )
- Mustard and 2 tsp of oil for seasoning
- Chop onion and tomatoes into thin narrow slices .
- Heat a kadai adding oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Now add onion along with salt and saute for a few minutes..
- When you see the onion changing the colour add the cut bhindies…
- Saute for a few more minutes ( this will help the bhindies remain firm without getting mushy )
- Now add the red chilli powder …
- Add tomatoes and mix well ..
Cover and cook in low flame till the veggies are cooked., Even the veggies are cooked.- continue cooking in low flame for some five to ten minutes stirring occasionally – this will help in the veggies blending to give a good aroma !.