Godda Chakkuli ! Yes ! you read it right ! Amazing isn’t it ? This is again a very rare recipe that I am sharing . My friend Anasuya V Prabhu has shared the recipe of her grandmother .Enjoy this with a hot cup of Godda Kaapi !So here is the recipe :-
- Maida – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery ( Grated )- 1 cup
- Coconut milk ( thick )- 1/4 cup
- White til ( sesame seeds) – 1 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Add both the flours in a clean piece of cloth . Bring the corners of the cloth together with the flour in the centre – making a potli (bundle)of it ,
- Place it in a steamer and steam for about five minutes . Let cool .
- Melt the jaggery in half cup of hot water .
- Now add the flours , the coconut milk , cardamom powder , white til and salt .
- Knead the dough carefully adding the jaggery water only as much as needed. ( since water needed will differ according to the type of rice flour )
- Using a chakli maker , Make chakklis on a clean sheet ,
- Heat oil in a deep kadai on medium flame . then turn to low flame .
- Now drop the chaklis one by one in to the oil .
- Deep fry on low flame only until golden brown .
- Do this patiently and do NOT use high flame as it will char .
- Remove the fried ones from oil and let the excess oil drain .
- Initially they will be soft but after five minutes they will turn crispy !
Enjoy an amazing new dish !