Here is another one of the rare recipes that I promised to post ! This is credit my friend Sujatha Umesh who learnt it from her aunt Indira devi. We have seen many dishes with Ghossale / ridge gourd in this blog ..this is another one albeit a sweet one !and a very simple one at that ! So let’s check the recipe –
- Ghossale / ridge gourd – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery ( grated ) – 3/4 cup
- A pinch of salt
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Oil for seasoning
- Remove the ridges of the gourd . Wash well and chop into medium sized pieces .
- Heat oil in a Kadai and splutter the mustard . Add the urad dal and let brown .
- Add the pieces with a pinch of salt along with about 2 tbsps of water . ( Remember Ridge gourds leave out a lot of water while its being cooked ) ,
- When it is cooked, add the jaggery and the coconut ,
- Cook till it has blended well .
Your unusual sweet dish is now ready to be relished .
2 replies to “Gossale Morgholu”
Thanks so much usha for including both my akkas name along with mine…. It wl make her so happy.,.. ☺
You are welcome