Sumithra K Rao akka , This is with raw banana – Mondan kele or Bangbale kele variety as it is called . so simple & easy and yet soo teasty . So please try this out ! The pic is credit my friend Chitra Suresh.
- Raw banana – 1
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies – 1 or 2 – as per spice level
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Apply oil to the whole banana ( do not peel ) .
- Hold it over the gas flame and roast it . Alternatively you can Microwave it for about 2.5 minutes . Best option is hot embers of a wood fire .
- When cool , peel and mash well . Keep aside .
- Grind the coconut , green chillies , hing along with the tamarind to a thick chutney consistency .
- Add the mashed banana and salt and mix well .
A yummm kelya chutney is ready to be served !
Note :- You may add a sprig of curry leaves too while grinding .