This easy recipe was a popular snack for all the young kids in those days .But is hardly made nowadays as kids seem to prefer store bought ones . Please try this out for a healthier snack for your kids and grown ups alike . This recipe credit to my dear friend – Latha J Kamathakka ,
- Kerala Rice ( Matta Rice ) – 2 cups
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 100 gms
- Take a thick bottomed kadai and add the Kerala rice or boiled matta rice as it’s called.
- Roast the rice on medium flame till it gets an even brown colour.
- When cool grind it to a powder and remove to a bowl .
- Now add the grated coconut & grated jaggery and mix well.
- Serve on a plate as such or make small balls to serve as laddus .