When joint families were the norm cooking food in large quantities had to be as quick as possible and yet filling and tasty for the many hungry family members . And mainly made without much fuss as the ladies had loads of other duties too ! So this thick healthy dosa like breakfast was quite popular in those days . I have already shared a sweet version. This is a spicy version ! Now adays most like paper thin dosas but these too are no less tasty !So let’s give it a try !
- Wheat flour / atta – 1cup
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cups
- Green chilli – 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few ( chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Onion chopped finely – 1 tbsp ( optional )