This is a simple and tasty stir fry prepared with jack fruit seed and onion.We know that jack-fruit seeds are very good for health.I have already shared the benefits,how to store it during off season. Myself and other friends too shared few other recipes using the seeds in various other dishes.This upkari goes well with rice gruel and as a side dish with rice.
- Jack fruit seeds – 20 to 25 nos (deskinned)
- Onion – 1 medium (cut lengthwise)
- Red Chillies – 3 to 4 nos
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -1 tsp
Heat a kadai with oil,splutter mustard add red chillies broken into pieces.Fry for few seconds.Add chopped onion and fry until they are soft.
Add the washed and skin removed jackfruit seeds,salt and 1 cup water.
Close lid and cook until the seeds are soft. Open the lid,if there is water then cook for some more minutes without closing the lid until the water evaporate.
Serve hot with rice or with gruel.
- This stir fry can be prepared with either tender or matured jackfruit seeds
- Onion can be avoided and can be replaced with hing and grated coconut to be added at the final stage of the curry.
- Jack fruit seed can be replaced with potato too.(recipe included in the blog)