Gonva Pittachi Aalavnu Rotti (wheat flour roti using boiling water) ,This is an almost forgotten recipe which I learnt from my dear mom in law. It is more easily digestible than our usual chapatis. These can be eaten with any side dish, but we eat with simple coconut chutney with green chillies.
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp of wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil for the dough
- 2 tbsp of ghee while frying.
- Salt , 1 tsp or as per your need.
- Heat a thick bottomed kadayi, add 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp of wheat flour, ghee and salt, mix well so that there are no lumps. Boil well
- Add 1 cup wheat flour, mix well stirring continuously until it becomes a lump and all the water is absorbed by the flour.
- Switch off the gas. Smear your hands with oil or ghee and mash the dough using fists and knead it very well till it becomes a smooth dough.
- Divide it into equal parts and make pedas .
- Dip in dry flour and roll them like usual rotis.
- Fry on tawa on both sides , smear ghee once they get fluffy and remove from the tawa.
- Enjoy with a side dish.
2 replies to “Gonva Pittache Aalavnu Rotti”
Tried it today. Extremely soft and tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe🙏
Thank you so much for the feedback