There are many spicy dishes in this blog – you can check here . Here is yet another spicy dish by my dear friend Priya R Shenoy . It’s called Bimbla Adgayi ( tha’s how her mother calls it ! ) , this is a spicy and tangy dish enhanced by the mild sweetness imparted by onion ! So when you get some fresh Hog plums / bimuls / birmi karmbals – you can try this out !
- Bimbuls / hog plums – 8 to 10
- Onion – 1 large
- Red Chillies – 7 to 8 ( or as per your taste )
- Coriander seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean and chop the hog plums . Slice the onion .
- Cook the hog plums and onion in sufficient water adding the salt .
- Roast the red chiliies & coriander seeds separately .
- Grind this to a smooth paste using a little water .
- Add this to the boiled hog plums .
- Simmer till it thickens slightly and then switch off.
- Pour raw coconut oil on top and keep covered for some time so that the flavours and aroma is contained .
- Serve with rice as a side dish or with any other dish of your choice .