Piyava upkari or onion upkari used to be and still is – our most favourite upkari or stir fry when we were running short of veggies. Its simple yet the tastiest one.The aroma itself is sufficient enough to enjoy your meal.
- Onion – 3 large
- Red chillies – 6 to 8
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Now heat oil and add mustard and red chillies.
- Let the mustard splutter.
- Now add onion along with salt .
- Fry for a while keeping covered and cook in low flame. No need of sprinkling water.
- Cook till the onion gets a lovely pale brown color.
- The more time you cook in low flame the yummier it becomes.