Phova chutney is a traditional amchi dish prepared from thin poha. As there is no cooking involved in the whole process its quite easy and can be prepared in a jiffy..
- Thin white poha – about 4 cups
- Grated coconut – 2 and half cups
- Coriander seeds- 1 table spoon
- Jeera – 2 tsp
- Roasted red chillies – 3 to 5
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 2 to 3 t spoon
- Firs crush the coriander seeds , jeera and red chillies in a mortar pestle to a coarse powder.
- Mix this powder with grated coconut well.
- Add salt and sugar too to this and mix well.
- Some add finely chopped Onion to this which is completely optional. If you love raw onion flavour you can add them at this stage.
- Now mix poha just before you serve.
- Enjoy with banana or chana upkari.