Here is a another little known recipe – with tender Banana stem / Gabbo .Gabbya Morgolu or Gabbya Godd sukke is a healthy side dish & one for those with a sweet tooth . This recipe & pics are courtesy my friend =Sunitha Vinod So let’s see the recipe .
- Banana stem / Gabbo – 250 gms
- Jaggery – 100 gms
- Grated coconut – 1 cup or more as per taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 4
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering ( preferably coconut oil )
- Chop the banana stem as finely as you can .
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds .
- Add the chillies & urad dal & let it brown .
- Add the chopped gabbo and sprinkle some water .
- Add the salt , cover & let it cook on a low flame .
- When half cooked add the jaggery & grated coconut .
- Mix well & let cook for another 2-3 minutes – till done .
- Delicious Gabbya Morgolu is ready to be served .