Kakkambi prepared with rice used to be one of my most favourite sweets prepared by my Bappamma.. I used to just love this simple dessert a lot. so here is the recipe –
- Raw rice- 1/2 cup.
- Coconut grated- 2 cup
- Grated jaggery – 1 cup – more or less or as per taste.
- Soak the raw rice for one or two hours
- Grind it along with the coconut to a coarse texture . ( maintain a rava consistency )
- Now add around 10 cups or even more water to it…it should be diluted very thinly as it will get thicker later…
- Now heat it stirring continuously .
- It will be cooked within some 15 to 20 mins.
- Add grated jaggery to this (or melted and strained jaggery syrup)
- Cook for some 5 to 10 mins..
- Switch off flame
- Add cardamom powder on top.
1/2 cup raw rice is more than enough for a family of four It yields more than enough even though you take less rice.