Mittkesanghe or Cluster beans is one of the popular veggies of GSB Konkanis and widely used for making Sukke ( side dish ) and also sun dried fritters . here is an easy but so tasty recipe of Mittikesanghe sukke
- Mittkesanghe / cluster beans – 200 gms
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Green Chillies – 2 ( can use red chillies as per choice)
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp.
- Udid dal – 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp.
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Wash well and trim the ends of the beans . Chop them to small pieces .
- Heat a kadai and add the oil . Splutter the mustard seeds and then add the udid dal & fenugreek /methi . Let it brown .
- Now add the beans along with the green chillies
- Add the haldi to the grated coconut and mix well .( soyi halduve korche ) Add it to the chopped beans .
- Add salt & mix well . Cover & cook on simmer . Sprinkle a little water only if needed . I dont add .
- Cook till done .
- Enjoy with rice as a side dish !