- Finely chop the papaya and add it into water as you proceed with the chopping . this removes the white secretions/latex or dhinku – which can otherwise give a bitter taste to the upkari
- In a pan heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add hing, chilli powder, turmeric powder (do not over heat oil, there are chances of chilly powder burning),
- Now add the finely chopped papaya and the chunde Phal halves and saute.
- Add salt required and sprinkle little water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till dry & check for both the veggies are tender and soft.
- Simple and tasty upkari is ready to serve.
- This is a side dish which goes well with rice and Daalithoi/any saaru(rasam).
Note: Turkey berry has many medicinal properties.