This very amchi dish uses ripe yellow pumpkin . Using rice & jaggery – it’s steam cooked into a very tasty & healthy dish .This can be served as a dessert or evening snack . Recipe for this aromatic dish is as follows
- Raw rice – 2 cups
- Pumpkin ( should be ripe & yellow ) – 250 gms
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Coconut grated – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2
- Soak raw rice for about 2 hours . Grate the pumpkin .
- Heat the jaggery in 1/4 cup of water enough to just melt it . Filter it to remove impurities .
- Grind the rice , pumpkin , coconut in a mixer to a coarse batter using the jaggery water . The batter should be thick .
- Add the crushed cardamom and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased vessel and steam for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When cool de-mould and cut into pieces .